Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lights, Camera, Action!

Hiya!!  Day 4 of Let's Do The Time Warp Challenge - lights, camera, action!  Nails inspired by a nostalgic movie, song or piece of literature.  Warning, this is going to be a long post - I ended up doing two looks for this day PLUS, it's Polka Dot Day for the 31 Day Challenge - so scroll down if you've got some time!!

My original idea was to do a mani inspired by the dress Cha Cha in Grease wore to the dance.  I LOVE that dress and I love that character even though she had such a small part.  My favorite scene is at the end of the dance with Danny, she's waving the trophy in the air and lifting up her skirt in time with her dance moves.  Grease is one of my all time favorite movies, I can watch it over and over and not get sick of it.  I even loved Grease II - the scene in the bomb shelter - LOVE!  To see what inspired this mani, click here or here.

Grease Cha Cha Dress Nail Art

Grease Cha Cha Dress Nail Art

On to look number two.  As you may know, I love doing nail art - it's so small and fiddly and I thrive on doing small fiddly things!  So, I was bummed that my original idea didn't have heavy nail art.  Another of my all time fave movies is Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?  My fave scene is when Cameron is lying in bed and sings "when Cameron was in Eygpt's land, let my Cameron go."

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Nail Art

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Nail Art
Pointer finger is Ferris' classic sweater vest, the middle finger was supposed to be Sloane's glasses she wears , but the pink is more like Ferris' sister, the ring finger is Cameron's shirt (I chose not to tempt Detroit Red Wings logo, too detailed!), the pinky is self-explanatory and the thumb is Ed Rooney's suit.

Did you come here for Polka Dot Day for the 31 Day Challenge?  I can't disappoint y'all, so here's the one shot I managed to get of my dotticure.  This was inspired by Diana over at  Nails By Diana  - she did the most fabulous mani for Day 7 of the 31 Day Challenge - Black and White - check it out here!!  This girl has the most AMAZING nails - I love the shape and if I could, I would pull this off NOW!  She's also super duper talented, so please give her some LOVE!!

Black Polka Dots on White

I used way too many polishes to list them all (I've been saying that a lot lately....), give me a shout, happy to track it down!!

As always, please show some love to the other lovelies doing the LDTTWC by clicking on the pictures below and don't forget about the lovely folks doing the 31 Day Challenge, scroll down to click on the links!! Check back Monday for Day 5 of the LDTTWC - We Can Do It!! and Saturday for stripes for the 31 Day Challenge!!

Holla, N



-Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner

-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine
-Patty Greenberg
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista
 -Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints
-Chameleon Stampede 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
-Me, Myself, and Polish
-Robin Sparkles 

25 comments:

  1. Those are all great!!! I love the inspiration for them! I really love the Grease/Cha Cha inspired one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Grease Mani! And love the dotticure! You did Diana proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all 3, but I really like the dotticure, that looks way cool.

    Andddd yea Diana has amazing nails, I went and followed her as soon as I saw her blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's totally amazing!!! Glad your a fellow follower!! Thanks:)

      Delete
  4. OMG, I love Grease too! All of these looks are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all!!! Ferris Bueller is one of my favorite movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BravAAAA my little sugar bear.
    I'm following you on pinterest now. Oh ya I'm expanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Nicole I love it! I think Diana would be thrilled to see this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All 3 are super cute and lovely manis, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole these are all so freaking pretty! And I love the black and white dotticure! It looks awesome on all the nails! You deff made me wanna go and do this Mani! Plus thank you for the lovely mention <3 and thank you to the rest of the girls for the wonderful comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! And thanks for the inspiration!!!

      Delete
  10. Wow! These are all incredible! My favorite is the Ferris Bueller manicure:) You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - don't you love that movie? I hope it's on soon!!

      Delete
  11. Love all 3! I can't wait until we do a movie mani for the 31 day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm going to have to think of another movie!! AHHHHH~

      Delete
  12. I'm loving all three!! You did a fantastic job with them all. Especially loving the Ferris Beuller one, one of my favorite movies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh! so amazing! great job! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N